The Rogers Family Foundation’s big goal is to dramatically increase student learning and achievement to ensure that Oakland students graduate prepared to succeed in life, college and career. We believe that a strategic blend of grants and partnerships has the potential to produce significant gains in Oakland student achievement and school outcomes.
The Rogers Family Foundation (RFF) has five investment priorities – quality schools, human capital, literacy, technology & innovation, and community reform voice.
RFF emphasizes leadership as a key criterion in all grant making decisions. We support organizations that are achieving excellent results and we strive to balance our grantee partners’ immediate needs for operating support with strategic investments that have the potential to dramatically improve the Oakland educational system. We value collaboration among our grantee partners and we prioritize relationship-building and partnerships with other funders to leverage our resources.
The Rogers Family Foundation has helped to incubate and facilitate several creative collaboratives and organizations having significant impact in Oakland.
- Blended Learning Collaborative
- Great Oakland Public Schools Leadership Center
- Oakland Charter Collaborative
- Oakland Education Dialogue with the OUSD Superintendent
- Oakland Literacy Coalition
- Oakland Schools Foundation
In addition, RFF invests in the following innovative organizations:
- Aspire Public Schools
- Bay Area Parent Leadership Action Network (PLAN)
- Education Pioneers – Innovation Fund
- Great Oakland Public Schools
- KIPP: Bay Area Schools
- Lighthouse Community Charter School
- New Leaders
- Oakland Community Organizations (OCO)
- Teach for America
Please find a link to our blended learning work here.